Wednesday, November 19, 2008

McKey Aullivan Wins 'America's Next Top Model'

I have watched a few of these shows with my wife and I have to say. For a show that is full of models. I am disappointed. I thought the girls would be a whole lot better looking. Don't get me wrong some of them are gorgeous, but there are a few that I wouldn't even think about dating if they were interested in me. Of course I say that now without them standing right in front of me. Some of these girls look like they need a cheeseburger bad though.

She entered the competition only knowing a boxing pose, but former tomboy Brittany "McKey" Sullivan learned enough on the 11th cycle of "America's Next Top Model" to box out the competition, winning over blonde Samantha Potter in the final runway competition in Amsterdam.

"I'm so proud of myself right now," she declared, after embracing host Tyra Banks and lifting her off the ground.

A girl who grew up as a tomboy, McKey, 19, of Lake Forest, Ill. ended up as top model after an ability to bend her body literally backwards for great pictures.

In the final runway competition, she attacked the unusual course and struck poses that rose her above Samantha, 18 of Woodland Hills, who looked a bit more worried about the course's ramps and strairs.

"She didn't just serve dress," Tyra said of McKey, "she served face".It was a course that put new meaning into the word runway. It was all the making of Jay Manuel, who brought out for the show last cycle's winner Whitney but also Ananda, a winner from Holland's Next Top Model. (She was available locally).The two finalists Samantha and McKey had to run of a giant hot pink hill in order not to fall backward. McKey was better at it than Samantha, who seemed (rightfully) uneasy at the impossibly treacherous runway.

Earlier, the other model in the final three, Analeigh Tipton, 19, of Sacramento, was eliminated despite her high fashion pictures, for a commercial look in person that coldn't deliver on the commercial she shot. Seemed weird that Tyra were criticizing her face.

As winner, McKey wins a contract with Elite model management, a spread and cover for Seventeen magazine, and a $100,000 contract with covergirl.

No comments: